Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas & A New Term


I had a nice change of scenery over the holidays in Njinikom with the Hakes (MDA couple). Terry and I compared notes on teaching and they took me on rounds with them a couple times. On Christmas day, we took candy to all the children (and adults) in the hospital. It was nice to see the big smiles on their faces.

We took a taxi (very crowded) between Kumbo and Bamenda both ways. On the way back was the worst.  Just imagine what it's like to sit in a small Toyota Corolla with 7 other adults, 3 children, and 2 small boxes full of baby chicks driving on dirt roads for over 2 hours.

Anyways, second term has started. It's shorter than first term, and we also have more things that interrupt the schedule. So I don't know how much we'll actually accomplish in the classes.

I was picked to help edit the school magazine. Several students typed up the articles and then I spent the past few days putting them together and formatting the finished product. The school secretary took the USB stick down to the printer in Bamenda yesterday. I think they're hoping to get the printed magazines before the end of the month. The PTA meeting is coming up soon, so they want it done before then.

We've had more and more dry days (no water in the taps). On those days, we have to get our water from the well. At least that's on the school grounds, but it does mean lugging the full containers back home. It's really an issue with the toilet, I have to keep water on hand to fill the tank in order to flush.

And that's all the news for now.

1 comment:

  1. can I get your mail(or fb account) to discuss Faith please?

    ReplyDelete